09 December 2011

DIY Creative Photo Display Tutorial

Hey guys,

I've got another tutorial for you... this one also makes a GREAT christmas present...especially for grandparents or parents in general. I made this for my sister.

Now, for some reason I just could not get a good picture of it... but it looks fab in real life.

It's basically a new take on one of those multi photo frames. It's more creative, personal and interchangable.
All you need is:

  • An old or new photo frame (I got mine from a charity shop and luckily found quite a deep one)
  • Screw in hooks or nails (got mine from Wilkos)
  • String
  • Pegs (the mini ones were from Hobbycraft and the heart shaped ones were from John Lewis)
  • A Selection of photographs
So firstly you need to remove everything from the frame leaving behind the bare bones. Next, choose your photographs and put them in some sort of order. Measure how much space you need before you put in the first hook (for peg room...only really applicable if you use big heart pegs)... Screw in your hooks. Now, I didn't put my hooks evenly apart because I wanted there to be the little photos mixed with bigger ones but with the space even between them. So once you have all your string up, peg up your photographs!

I like the mix of black and white with colour and this sort of display is so versitle that my sister can change the photos whenever she wants to with minimal effort :) 

ooh and here's a better picture of ma hair :)



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the tutorial!

    Meanwhile, your new hair looks so beautiful! O___O

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful!!Hope we can follow each other, I'm following you now. :)

    Romiya Fashion Inspiration Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can complain on my blog any day! I actually really, really, really hate my job because I hate my boss, but I didn't want to say that on my blog lol. Maybe someday we'll be able to do what we want. I'd love to go to a music cafe if one existed! I say open it. Also, I really love your hair!!!

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! i'm following your blog, which makes 20 followers. i adore your hair i that photo. i love the photo collage, might make one in my free time over the holidays.

    http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete