05 December 2011

Perfume Locket Tutorial

Hey Guys,

As promised, here's my first (edit..second, I forgot about the coasters) tutorial! :D

For my sister's birthday I put together a small gift hamper full of pampering products (cos she's a hardworking mum and I thought it would be nice for when she gets some time off from the kids)

One of the main items in the basket was this lovely little locket which I filled with a homemade solid perfume.

To make this you will need:
  • A locket necklace/ring (I am planning to do it with a locket ring for myself)
  • Beeswax (I got mine from Hobbycraft)
  • Almond essential oil (or any other carrier oil such as Jojoba - I found all my oils in Holland and Barrett and they weren't cheap!)
  • Other essential oils for fragrance (There are many aromatherapy websites online which will give you different recipes and combinations for oils)
  • Little pots to mix oils and a heatproof pot to melt your wax.
First step is to create your fragrance. Mix together your essential oils leaving out the carrier oil until the end (just in case you do not like the fragrance you've made and then you've not wasted it.) The basics are that you need three notes in your perfume, your top note (which will fade first), the middle note and the base note. I used about 9 drops of Rose, 3 or 4 drops of Cedarwood and 1 or 2 drops of Sweet Orange.
Mix your fragrance with 1 tsp of your carrier oil, which in my case was Almond and then it's time to melt the beeswax.
You will need about 1 heaped tsp of beeswax pellets, melt them in a small pot (I used a wok because that's all I had haha) - When it has melted pour it into your pot of oils and mix quickly (if you are in a cold room the wax will start to set very fast so you have to be speedy..or just heat things up again)... When you've mixed your perfume pour it into your locket and leave to set for a few minutes. DONE.

Now you have a very classy perfume locket which make great presents by themselves or within a pamper gift basket.

Also included in my basket was my homemade Sweet Honey Orange Sugar Scrub which I will do a short tutorial on tomorrow as well as showing what was in the rest of the hamper.

I'd love to see your results at doing one of these and if anyone has any nice perfume recipes please let me know, it's really fun to do!

See you later rollerskater xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment