25 January 2012

Simple Sixties and weight issues

Hey folks,

Now.....ideally, I should've done a beehive, but I just couldn't be bothered! I didn't even put any eyeliner on! So this is quite a loosely based 60s venture. Jersey swing dress (although I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a top), eye earrings and bracelet are all Topshop. Buckle shoes from Office. Bag from charity shop. Can't remember where the headband is from but it matches the dress perfectly hehe.

I'm feeling desperate to get fit at the moment and shrink down a size or two...but this feeling also makes me want to eat everything and sit on the sofa all day, it's so ANNOYING! I swear i've put on weight (although I think I look fine in these pictures...generally I think I look fine from the front, a nice hourglass shape, but from the side my stomach is too big and my arms are pretty flabtastic) but I don't have any scales and I've lost my measuring tape (I used to measure myself all the time to make sure I was staying the same 36-26-36, but I haven't for ages now..)...I'm sure if I had a gym buddy who made me go to the gym, I could do it. As it stands though, here in Leamington, I am alone! (well apart from Ben) ....I'm going to go for a bike ride in a bit to check out the park but i've got to sort out loads of shit with electric/gas/meters/going into the dark dark cellar and I'm worried that once i've got all that sorted I will just sit on the sofa, go on facebook and have a cup of tea and some biscuits! *grumble*. A few girls on my facebook have started doing a Paleo diet (I have no idea what this is)...and so i'm thinking of starting some sort of diet - the only way I've lost weight in the past is by not eating really... I didn't have an eating disorder or anything but when I was at uni and I had no money sometimes i'd just have a bowl of stock to eat for my evening meal and as I got used to this, my stomach shrank and I wasn't hungry for much more... Of course though, once I got back into the real world with real food I went back to my average sort of size which is fine but of course I prefer being a bit slimmer.
Since I've lived with Ben (and before when it was me and my dad) I've always enjoyed cooking, and I cook generally quite healthy things, I use quite a lot of vegetables and we don't even have that big of a portion...but cos of my height (5"1) I don't think I even need the portions that I eat myself even though they aren't big...and I HATE EXERCISE.... I've got my exercise bike which I managed to do an hour on every day for 1 week...1 measley week!.....bleugh...I just feel sluggish and tired and flabbly. (PS..Guys this is not a cue for you to go...''noooo you're not fat''...I'm not after sympathy, I'm after advice!)

Ramble jamble over!


HAVE A GREAT DAY lols..

Laura x

3 comments:

  1. awww i feel the same way..i wish we could be in the same city,country so we could be gym buddy... I moved to italy months ago(i used to live in london)... I know you said not to tell you but honestly you dont look fat at all.Look you can even wear a top as a dress!!!...and also you got incredible legs...(my tights are the size of a dinosaur haha..).. Anyway i know what you mean..its hard to self motived ourselves into working out sometimes.. i guess just making it into a habit ..its the first step..
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this colour looks so goon on you... those earrings scare me a little bit - (the all seeing ear?!) ;)))))

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete