28 May 2012

Vintage Bike Ride

Hey guys,

So this past weekend was pretty fun. Been cycling in and out of town, tried an Ostrich burger for the first time (it was good!), tried some homemade nettle beer that me and some friends made (it wasn't great)....

I SAW JOHN MALKOVICH!!! Yes, John Malkovich is one of my heroes (I don't know why)...and when I found out he was performing with some opera singers and an orchestra in my hometown..well...I just had to go!...It was very surreal, but wonderful too. :D

Finally, Birmingham had its Vintage Bike Ride yesterday and it was AWESOME!...We almost didn't make it, but thankfully we turned up just on time and rode around the city with like, 50 people all dressed in lovely vintage clothes, one guy had a boombox on the back of his bike and provided the soundtrack...and then we ended up at the pub. It was perfect.

Here are a few snaps from the day: (Photos were taken by my friend Rita and Jonathan)

 Lovely shot by Rita



 There I am at the front!






















Lots of people looked simply brilliant!














All of us.



I still LOVE this dress!


Amazing.


Anyways, so yeah that was FUN! ...

but now back to reality.. feeling a bit bummed out about work at the moment (or rather lack of it) ...I don't know what to do anymore... I don't want to do Visual Merchandising but I kinda feel like I'd be taking 2 steps backwards going back into retail as a Sales Assistant... I just don't know!! I wanted that Harvey Nics job pretty bad, but I am pretty sure I've been unsuccessful as I've not heard anything. I'm desperate for work, but can't help being picky... Ahhhhhhh..

1 comment:

  1. This is seem like such a fun event! Love the whole bikes with cute socks. haha

    Re: your job, just do what you LOVE! I feel your pain, when I left my full time job as a graphic designer I didn't know what to do for a while. :S

    ★Romiya Fashion Inspiration Blog★GIVEAWAY + $10 Voucher for all entries! (NO MIN SPEND)★

    ReplyDelete