01 June 2012

Blue Eyeshadow, Red Lipstick


So guys,

Today... I have done something bad, something...really...bad... that's right, I've paired blue eyeshadow with red lipstick!! DUN DUN DUN. I mean, blue shadow in general is frowned upon, something crazy old ladies where, or middleaged ladies just 'stuck in the past'.. BUT SO WHAT?! Recently I saw Wes Andersons lovely new film Moonrise Kingdom in which one of the young stars is LOVIN' the blue shadow...and it just reminded me of Christina Ricci in Buffalo 66..and I'll just admit it right now, I like blue eyeshadow.. in fact, I kinda love it..AND.. I like it paired with red lips, it's over the top, it makes me look like a bit of a clown (see: Helena Bonham Carter in Alice in Wonderland).. sometimes I think James Franco is probably working it better than me, but you know what... I DON'T CARE!




 Oh yeah, I also did some polka dot nails... SUPER DUPER EASY (top tip: just use the end of a bobby pin to create the dots!)

I'll probably start doing more beauty stuff on this blog soon :)

Catch you later, hot potato! xxx

3 comments:

  1. such cool nails. I've never attempted fancy nail art but really want to give it a go. I've seen a tutorial for galaxy nails which I'm dying to have a go at. Love the eye shadow.

    http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ideas are lovely tasteful and stylish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic shoot from Candy magazine, what did you think of Moonrise Kingdom? I watched it just last night.

    ReplyDelete